December 21 2023

Again, Boko Haram renew attack on Chibok, unleash mayhem

Again, Boko Haram insurgents has attack Chibok communities, Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State, unleaahing mayhem

Again, Boko Haram insurgents have renewed attacks on Chibok communities, Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State.

This is coming days after Federal Government, through Minister of Women Affairs, Mrs Uju Kennedy-Ohanenye, approved N210 million to the recovering zone.

Read Also: North pressures FG to remove Igbo GOC in Kaduna after Kaduna bombing

Chibok made international headlines in April 2014 when Boko Haram invaded Government Girls Secondary School there and kidnapped over 300 students. Since then the communities, most of the residents now living in IDP camps, are yet to recover.

According to locals, the latest attack which occured on Tuesday began about 7 pm when the insurgents pounced of them, shooting indiscriminately and forcing residents to flee.

A local, Moses Adamu, who spoke to Punch said they burnt many houses and carted away with food items.

“We are certain that two persons died of the terrorists’ gunshots, but there could be more loss of lives, which we cannot ascertain yet, because the villagers started trooping back home this afternoon,” Adamu said, added that many locals had to sleep in the bushes.

Spokesperson of Borno State Police Command, Nahum Kenneth, confirmed the incident. He said the attack was cut short by joint efforts of the police, military and local vigilante groups but two persons were killed.

“Unfortunately, two persons were killed – one of the deceased, named Mr. Badi, aged 75, and one Ngule, aged 45, died during the attack. However, the situation has since returned to normal,” he said.


Tags:

Posted December 21, 2023 by profW in category "News +

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *